威望
10 点
资产
2669 金币
注册时间
2008-3-11
发表于 2008-4-11 21:06 | 显示全部楼层
不过最近都不开了吧~~因为要放假了~~听说放假的时候宿舍没人?不知道呢~~
. `3 r; Y. a# Y/ |% g" p6 J今天我认识的人跟我说他认识的人没一个说REZ好的呢~~~搞得我都不知道要不要住~~" J: P5 b7 l) T" s& X, ?
但是又好像体验一下的说………………
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

中级会员

将仕郎(从九品下)

积分
威望
15 点
资产
2307 金币
注册时间
2008-4-7
 楼主| 发表于 2008-4-11 23:01 | 显示全部楼层
住把~~~ 嘿嘿~~ 一生说不定就这么一次呢~~~ 以后想住都没的住拉~~ 体验下咯~~~
 . ○ ╱╲        o
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

金牌会员

为什么我总抽不到警察

积分
威望
245 点
资产
85626 金币
注册时间
2007-8-17
发表于 2008-4-11 23:17 | 显示全部楼层
要把。。熟悉一下环境咯
Those who live are those who struggle
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

中级会员

将仕郎(从九品下)

积分
威望
15 点
资产
2307 金币
注册时间
2008-4-7
 楼主| 发表于 2008-4-11 23:25 | 显示全部楼层
nancy在了啊。。。6 ]" V( E( y* ]5 [! L6 C

* d* y9 W/ j! Y+ P7 t+ H天。。对rez熟悉么? 我们都快看晕了~~
 . ○ ╱╲        o
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

注册会员

将仕郎(从九品下)

积分
威望
10 点
资产
2669 金币
注册时间
2008-3-11
发表于 2008-4-12 00:37 | 显示全部楼层
有没有什么前辈来打救一下我们啊~~好晕阿~哈哈~
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

中级会员

将仕郎(从九品下)

积分
威望
15 点
资产
2307 金币
注册时间
2008-4-7
 楼主| 发表于 2008-4-12 09:42 | 显示全部楼层
题目改了~ 哈哈~ 不知道能不能吸引更多的前辈进来~~~
 . ○ ╱╲        o
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

中级会员

将仕郎(从九品下)

积分
威望
15 点
资产
2307 金币
注册时间
2008-4-7
 楼主| 发表于 2008-4-12 09:58 | 显示全部楼层
刚做了下research, 老外那边看来的~~
( M+ g$ N) U7 @
, s" H9 O0 Z: Y( R6 }& MTraditional style--> shared common washroom (原来是厕所的区别啊。。。)3 j5 C2 P5 ^9 G/ ?2 D

8 W) X$ c" f7 D! }Deleware( u5 p0 H* i' h9 x
Med-syd
2 z# l6 G$ i. L- p1 \5 TSaugeen8 {# }+ t! R# p; N' s

7 p; P- h& \' U+ ~) n' q. GSuite style--> separate bathrooms& n$ ~2 C1 O# F, H& _
4 Z, e3 g0 h" X& R
Elgin
0 L( k8 O( G7 f; G' J, HEssex2 a2 p, d  k: b, \7 y/ Q* J
Alumni- T$ B6 T/ z% g4 a- _' k
& y2 U/ U2 w, f" L  V
--------------------------------------------------------------------
! f, c7 F8 L& Z, |; |Bathrooms are one of the differences between suite and trad rezs. [COLOR=\"Red\"]Suite stylers share with one other person, while in traditional style rez\'s, about 10[/COLOR] (keep in mind guys and girls get different bathrooms and there may be more than one for guys and girls per floor) people share a washroom (which contains at least two toilets, 2 sinks and 2 showers). At Medsyd, a cleaning lady comes in every week day to do general cleaning, and does thorough washroom cleaning once a week. Med syd is the oldest residence still in use, but despite that, the washrooms are clean, well lit, and the shower water pressure is amazing.
: s, }6 b& q2 V9 w: a) k5 w% i( q, H8 G+ |/ l$ v& ]" |) w
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------, d* f" V2 f" }" M0 w/ w; S
“It isn\'t for that reason that [COLOR=\"Red\"]Saugeen is considered a party residence[/COLOR]. I really don\'t think it is that bad. The parties \"per capita\" is not that much higher than any other residence, but with double the number of students of the next most populous residence, you have to expect at least double the number of parties. Unless if you make it that way, the atmosphere will not interfere with your studying (which you will mainly be doing at the library no matter which residence you end up at).”
# j) l. s( a6 T9 E; u, W8 H" h1 v. r! L2 M; C, r! q
(看来所有人都说s是party rez啊。。。)
8 j& Z$ _& o. Y$ d: k5 r( o--------------------------------------------------------------------
6 `( u1 {( e. E# H# h: p3 y
* a3 V6 K( `4 E+ l* z& f, q/ SI lived in [COLOR=\"red\"]Med/Syd [/COLOR]hall in first year and loved it! It was traditional style, and although it is older and [COLOR=\"red\"]less \"nice\" than say perth or elgin[/COLOR], it has it\'s charm and there seems to be a larger sense of pride in it\'s residents! The [COLOR=\"red\"]fact that it is traditional style I felt allowed me to meet far more ppl than I would have in the other appartment or suite style residences. All my friends who lived in the appartment or suite style residences didn\'t know anyone in the residences[/COLOR], even though their residences were usually about half the size of Med/Syd. [COLOR=\"red\"]At Med/Syd, people would always have their doors open, giving you the opportunity to walk in and introduce yourself a little easier in the first few weeks[/COLOR], where as Perth or Elgin seemed closed off. All in all, I loved Med/Syd, I loved my roommate, and felt we were very well matched (of course there are always horror stories of terrible roommates), but no matter which residence you live in, you\'ll have a good time, it all just depends on the experience you\'re looking for.
0 l$ A4 I+ `/ c, \. D1 j# k; j1 `. S
(看来想多交朋友还是要去traditional的好。。。不过share bathroom...再考虑下). V+ n( }( [5 A. m% U6 W3 \7 ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------$ b6 M0 S' f6 F: q# E" t3 h% d; ^

: H8 M; f! c' y1 ]; zThe residences all run on the same menu plan, so the food at Perth doesn\'t really differ from that of any other residence. One nice thing about Perth (and Essex), however, is that it is located right next to a Pizza Hut and Subway (and a Mac\'s convenience store), so if you ever really don\'t like the menu for the night, you can just go to either of those places.
4 p- ~# t& O. p' u: x# a3 [7 i/ B
" Z. [4 u7 K: }; R6 q( r2 `/ E(也不错。。饿了可以出去吃东西啊)
 . ○ ╱╲        o
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

中级会员

将仕郎(从九品下)

积分
威望
15 点
资产
2307 金币
注册时间
2008-4-7
 楼主| 发表于 2008-4-12 10:09 | 显示全部楼层
Like I said, [COLOR=\"Red\"]traditional styles are the place to be if you really want to meet people[/COLOR]. There are people who will be able to socialize in any environment and there are also people who will not socialize regardless of the environment; for the 80% in between, traditional style is ideal. 8 D5 {. o' O& L5 V
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: j2 B  X8 z* Z2 C& W[COLOR=\"red\"]Every residence has parties on Friday (and Saturday and Thursday) nights[/COLOR]; your floor may not have one every Friday night, but there will always be at least one party somewhere in your residence on one of those nights, except during exam times. In the unlikely event that that doesn\'t happen you can always head over to Saugeen ([COLOR=\"red\"]just make sure to get in before 7; I think all residences now block non-residents from entering past that time).[/COLOR]: f1 N+ K$ I0 i9 g( g
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ q# ?& T5 H  p% [+ W, G
I can\'t remember, but I\'m pretty sure you can use your meal plan money. [COLOR=\"red\"]Flex dollars is for the food outlets and vending machines if I recall correctly.[/COLOR]  u, j1 G6 |& L2 W5 I* M6 j
. G3 J5 |6 O3 X% ]( {; D5 o% F1 F" _% ]
明白了。。。
8 T/ x7 o2 N' ]( o0 k-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ ]" G; [+ k# g: g( d( D2 |, ?If you\'re on main campus, your res dollars will work on any other res.
0 N$ H0 ~# i, F' G% w# b% X, e" H-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  t2 a5 R- X; t# ]0 U; n1 |! |
What it is that makes [COLOR=\"red\"]traditional-style residences more party-friendly [/COLOR]is the room accessibility:[COLOR=\"red\"] if your door is open, you are almost in the hallway[/COLOR]. [COLOR=\"red\"]In a suite-style room (all of which have doors that close when you aren\'t there holding them open), [/COLOR]you are just further away from the hallway (i.e. where the people are). Walking down hallways of traditional-style residences, you\'ll see many doors wide open; practically all the doors in a suite style, however, you\'ll notice will be closed. It doesn\'t seem like a big deal, but it really makes suite styles seem less inviting.
) O8 N) o$ ?  }, D# I; e4 K
* `6 B# f- B8 E8 V  \+ kI haven\'t seen any rules for where partying can/must occur, but I\'ll tell you one thing: even rooms in traditional styles can hold a lot of people... [COLOR=\"Red\"]and with a door open, people can flood into the hallway or travel to nearby rooms. Whatever gos, gos.[/COLOR]" M( r1 _8 C# `. c
5 F' i* ^9 S4 F
^ I know what you are saying, only $1800 for a private washroom doesn\'t sound too bad; however, you will get used to sharing a bathroom with the rest of your floor. I haven\'t heard of anyone who couldn\'t (and no, I don\'t think it is worth the extra $1800).
$ V4 {% d' _9 c! c$ Y# |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 . ○ ╱╲        o
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

中级会员

将仕郎(从九品下)

积分
威望
15 点
资产
2307 金币
注册时间
2008-4-7
 楼主| 发表于 2008-4-12 10:35 | 显示全部楼层
It may not be as [COLOR=\"Red\"]close as delaware to classes[/COLOR], but it\'s not as far as saugeen, perth and essex are. You get a scenic walk across the bridge (our bridge...if you live in medsyd you\'ll get to \"take the bridge\" during oweek).+ |( B' E: j! }, o3 c8 L
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------: }/ h" E6 G; r* O# R# ^
0 \4 }: _, c# P
I live in Perth right now so I can offer you some insight, but my experience will differ from your experience.
* i$ R( e7 Y8 I0 a& D; B! j0 H, O9 m5 K! r
- Food: definitely a lot better than Essex, nowhere close to Saugeen. Because of it\'s size, everything in Saugeen is fresh daily (cookies, fruit, sushi, etc.) & they also have more selection (more types of cereals to choose from, a daily stir-fry bar, etc.) whereas in a smaller residence, it wouldn\'t be eaten so quickly so they can leave the same desserts out for 3 - 4 days. People say that food is the same everywhere, but that\'s not true: Delaware\'s cookies are more oily than Saugeens (dab it with a napkin and it turns transparent); the interactive specials at Essex are horrible (ie. Pasta bar, Curry bar, Perogi bar); only the traditional & Perth residences have snack bar (though in a suite-style, you can just make your own snack, but the snack bar serves pizza, gelato, etc.) and [COLOR=\"red\"]many people in Essex cross the road at 10pm at night just to get food. [/COLOR]& e2 e( j' c2 i( Q/ T9 u
- Meeting people: It\'s really easy to meet people, the trick is to stay in touch. I met tons of people during O-week (during the activities, in the dining hall, in the common lounge, exercise room, etc.) but you can\'t maintain close friendships with 50+ people, so most of the time you\'ll be close with your floor but not so much with the rest of the building. Even in Saugeen, my friends are mostly close with their floor and not the people living six units above them. You could probably meet more people in Saugeen, but you won\'t be forging close friendships with every single one of them, you\'ll probably be close with maybe 20. And that\'s the exact same # of people you could meet/get close with in Perth/any suite-style. ( J. b) \, N. w8 ^( N9 A

) E! b. ]4 }) l# LPerth is awesome. I think we have the most competitive soph team (60+ applicants for just 26 spots), [COLOR=\"red\"]it\'s got Mac\'s (convenient if you run out of toothpaste or toilet paper in the middle of the night) & Subway close by[/COLOR], you can take the bus to campus, and in my opinion, the hybrid style works perfectly because you still have a roommate / closeness but with the way the rooms are L-shaped, you still get some privacy & you can switch up the layout of your room in more ways (with suites/traditional, you\'re pretty much stuck with the way it came because of the lack of space).
$ W: C" W8 k2 R: b  Z* H8 T  u4 E  T. P5 K$ U
If you\'re someone who\'s really big on cleanliness, I would pick suites. The bathrooms in traditional get really disgusting on the weekend. I know people who go to other floors to take a dump just because they don\'t want to get their own dirty/smelly. [COLOR=\"red\"]Randoms can enter and puke in there[/COLOR].(-_-); k/ V9 d* I0 j1 q8 h& f/ e9 B# q4 n
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 . ○ ╱╲        o
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

中级会员

将仕郎(从九品下)

积分
威望
15 点
资产
2307 金币
注册时间
2008-4-7
 楼主| 发表于 2008-4-12 10:36 | 显示全部楼层
关于厕所的~~~值得一看。。。。
/ W. t3 t1 V* e! k) T( `. Q+ c4 @" J8 ^5 c8 Z( V2 g
Well, in suite-styles the washrooms are usually clean because it\'s only 4 people using it and because if one messes it up - the other 3 will get pissed at them and make them clean it up so you tend to be pretty clean. In a traditional rez, the cleaning staff clean the bathroom once a day (on weekdays only, they don\'t come on weekends) so if you mess it up, you probably won\'t clean it since you know someone will be around to do it for you within 24h. (Suite-styles get cleaned every 3 weeks; at Perth, it\'s every 2 weeks).
. t6 ~- [/ S* K( Y+ O9 D* B. u5 C6 r/ L7 B) k/ G# h( e0 i
I know some people who have gotten trashed and puked all over the bathroom floor in Perth but their roommates ended up making them clean it up. Since there\'s only 4 people (or 2, if you\'re in Essex/Elgin) using it, you will know who is responsible for the mess and you can make them clean it up. But in a traditional, there may be 15 people using it and it\'s hard to place the blame. Not to mention that people from other floors can come use it since it\'s not locked. 3 |8 Y6 |: o$ d0 m# H5 l+ m
- j  u3 E- p5 U3 h. U
I\'ve only used the Saugeen, Perth, and Essex bathrooms so this is what I can tell you:9 M/ S# `& e4 ^" @
  w% ^. E/ }$ L- M0 Y! l
Saugeen: There\'s 2 bathrooms per floor, one for each gender. There are 2 doors to the bathroom so both sides (it\'s in the middle) can get in without having to circle the entire hallway. On one side is the shower area. There is a bathtub (which no one uses because it\'s filthy and drunk people like to pee in it for some odd reason) and 2 shower stalls. There\'s a small bench to put your bathrobe on against the wall. The shower stalls have curtains on them and they\'re pretty small - my friend told me there\'s barely enough room to shave her legs so... you can imagine. The other side of the bathroom area. There are 4 sinks and mirrors along one wall and on the other are the bathroom stalls (3, unless you live on a wheelchair accessible floor, then you have 1 regular sized stall and 1 handicapped stall). It\'s basically like the changing rooms/bathrooms at a pool/community center. 4 H# }, @1 Z% H, E; |) u+ L

% V  Q; `' n; oEssex: There\'s a shower stall with 4 little \"shelves\" to put your shampoo/body wash etc. on and there\'s a curtain. There\'s a sink with drawers so you can store your toothpaste and toothbrush and whatever. There\'s a mirror with really bright lights on top (good for doing makeup) and an electric outlet for shavers/hair dryers/straighteners/curling irons. There\'s also a bar to put your hand towels on and 2 other bars to put your towels on (a total of 3).
, p6 v. ^& K7 {$ }7 B5 G
' h; w: d# z* U( f' K0 @. }& \9 }Perth: Pretty much the same as Essex except there are only 2 towel bars. On one, you can put your hand towels and the other your other towels. Since you\'re sharing with 4 people, you won\'t be able to keep your towel in the bathroom, you\'ll have to bring it in every time you take a shower. / |, v: c; X1 y5 [9 k3 C% f
$ ~/ {) z4 H+ ?
One thing to note about traditional vs. suite-style: if you\'re in traditional, BRING SHOWER SLIPPERS/FLIP FLOPS. This is essential, especially in Saugeen. With suite-style, unless you know your suitemates have toe fungus or something, you probably won\'t need it. Oh, and bring like a caddy/bucket or something to store all your stuff. Especially in traditional, you will have to carry your shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc. everytime cause there\'s no place to store stuff.
" J0 Q( u/ G9 c4 q% r6 |
3 B1 a+ _$ q! X; D8 E) X) A-
  ^; s% ^6 g- g& J% f  j3 i  f' S8 Z9 `) C- e1 ~8 k
To answer your questions more specifically:
: R7 m: F9 L# {+ D% Q4 Y& D4 @  F4 s! Q
shower doors or curtains in the residences: curtains, no doors. . f) i4 M/ D' D' ]! t/ T
enclosed areas versus open areas: the showers/bathrooms are enclosed... that\'s it.
2 Q7 K. u4 b  @( N& p' P& U6 khow big are the washrooms: fairly big, suite-styles have standard bathroom sizes; traditionals are a lot bigger because there can be 7 people at a time
; y1 e6 `& F9 ]how many per floor: 1 for each gender per floor; 2 in each suite for Essex/Elgin; 1 in each suite for Perth2 y1 ?+ L4 |) E. {6 y  b2 X
peak hours: everyone has different schedules. i would say 9 - 10 are kind of busy, but you may have 8:30 class and avoid it. or 11:30 class.# K6 U* f7 y. q2 k# K% C! e$ r
areas for changing: you can change in your room. most people just wrap a towel around themselves and go back to the room to change.
 . ○ ╱╲        o
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

注册会员

将仕郎(从九品下)

积分
威望
10 点
资产
2669 金币
注册时间
2008-3-11
发表于 2008-4-12 21:25 | 显示全部楼层
那么多人一起SHARE阿~我一大早要出出进进WASHROOM好多次弄这弄那得哦~~~~~~那不是来回跑还有根很多人一起吗~~~~~9 W* X0 }$ _, a7 @2 U7 I

+ g/ j, H( N9 v9 D! c6 i7 [到底要不要住REZ好呢~~~
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

金牌会员

为什么我总抽不到警察

积分
威望
245 点
资产
85626 金币
注册时间
2007-8-17
发表于 2008-4-12 22:25 | 显示全部楼层
I lived in Med/Syd hall in first year and loved it。。。。quote quote..3 U7 P2 W. @8 n4 B- \1 X: W
哈哈。。3 q8 o# k2 m8 E. W4 F8 G3 }
perth确实是好地方 我也知道。。。不过太贵了+ j+ l0 Q5 B1 w$ R# T/ Z" ^1 I
在房间里面挂面镜子。。除非特殊不去washroom了。。。
Those who live are those who struggle
加拿大伦敦中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

精华

注册会员

将仕郎(从九品下)