资产
97797 金币
注册时间
2006-4-2
发表于 2006-5-9 17:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
23岁的中国留学生Min Chen
0 f/ [. K; B/ e. x- m2 b: C4 h* a
  X6 W1 M+ g# m! R+ y 绑架并杀死了华裔女孩% U) m4 a7 [2 S; `6 h! u5 s; R7 r

5 {5 H0 R0 L& E$ a. }$ sCecilia Zhang。事情发生在2003年10月,Chen Min 深夜闯入小女孩家中将正在熟睡的她重击因为怕她出声求救,然后将她拖到自己的车里面,就在被拖上车之后小女孩停止了呼吸。这其实是一场悲剧,本不应该发生的悲剧。
6 w8 I- F6 u: W: {$ E+ ?+ N9 v星期二被判刑的Chen Min 恐怕要在狱中度过十几年了而且在那之前不准保释
7 g6 f5 Z& x* k+ |% K: \- P( b8 o8 o% P, ?8 c
详情请看:$ D, r" G/ U3 Y
[SIZE=\"3\"]The Chinese visa student who snatched nine-year-old Toronto schoolgirl Cecilia Zhang from her family home in October 2003 pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Tuesday, in what is being described as a botched kidnap attempt.
- F; @8 b- x; h( @3 E! l! U3 z: J1 m' A
Min Chen, originally charged with first-degree murder in the schoolgirl\'s disappearance and subsequent murder, entered the surprise plea in a Brampton, Ont. courtroom in what would have been the first day of his trial.
  h6 ]9 {' y6 h
, O' V* J, L" l9 I' g$ N8 ?6 @Chen\'s defence lawyer John Rosen told reporters that each side had much to lose by a trial.
4 l1 E4 [4 a7 L; B( G
, U' ^# J, J) N0 ~. b; ?% a\"There is one factor I think everybody should keep in mind and that is that Sherry Xu and Raymond Zhang, the parents of Cecilia Zhang, are emotionally fragile,\" Rosen told reporters.
6 d4 k, ~$ s7 `1 ~' f! i
. L: f9 k5 l- _4 B! B6 ?\"My client had no desire to put them through unnecessarily a lengthy and difficult trial that would further compromise their mental and physical well-being.\"
0 M- }) s0 b$ b
+ i) Q' H7 s$ ?* r& gThe Crown is seeking to have Chen serve between 17 and 20 years of his sentence before he is eligible for parole while the defence is asking Chen be granted parole no later than 12 years into his term.6 l( t) R1 L( I9 x
" G) k+ K; b# |( m1 m
Justice Bruce Durno will rule on Chen\'s parole eligibility Friday morning.( H7 b0 T. A; P  ~

2 G9 T  {8 d# k% p, I- m  eAccording to an agreed statement of facts read in court, Chen admitted he killed Cecilia by placing his hand over her mouth as he carried the schoolgirl from her home.; o" T2 j. v5 n6 A" B

8 @' K3 L  l' ^% P( iThe judge asked the 23-year-old directly if he understood that pleading guilty to second-degree murder would mean a sentence of life in prison, and Chen replied that he did.
' ^1 T% e/ v$ I7 T  H
) x' b. k+ h! M& ^: FThe agreed statement of facts reveals that the murder was a kidnapping attempt that went wrong.
) t4 }, Q3 W5 h. {$ h6 q
$ h: h* i1 I  O, {* P" cThe gifted Grade Four student was snatched from her home in October 2003 as her parents slept metres away.! g5 k5 G; R. u2 ^6 `# ~

! Q( z- i9 ]5 B& @# G8 uCourt heard that Chen went to the home in October 2003 to kidnap Cecilia for ransom.4 f8 q7 ?! Y4 _, {

! [9 m) r: J; M2 Y9 F( E- t, p0 t( o, }% g6 GChen had apparently befriended the girl and her family through a woman who lived briefly in the Zhang home between September 2002 and March 2003.
4 z5 C: w9 k/ F7 F$ D% ~( Z$ S  k' x
Chen, who was in Canada under a student visa that was about to expire, was desperate to remain in the country, CTV\'s Peter Murphy said.
9 @5 K& R0 k. ~  X. g: L8 D9 E- j% f$ W6 f
In the agreed statement of facts, Chen said \"it was never his plan to harm or to cause the death of Cecilia.\"
2 ~3 N2 Y  {1 w4 P( s6 X# i% \" O" u
\"He wanted to keep her alive, obtain a sizable ransom and return her to family,\" according to the statement.
5 }0 I. X5 z& E! k3 l; B/ @! y* r
With his funds running out, Chen wanted to secure $25,000 that would pay for a marriage of convenience to keep him in the country, Murphy said.
3 @# j. S6 a# K  E# U; c; c2 p4 H. J' p) F2 T9 O  D- Y
\"And so in October of 2003 -- he had known the Zhang family because he had visited boarders there -- he broke into the house through the window, sneaked up in the middle of the night along the corridor, looking for Cecilia to kidnap her.\"0 a6 h# y1 v4 p! f1 d. q( ]

0 z3 D: ]# ^" N+ `When Chen found the young girl in the dead of night, she was wrapped in a towel, Murphy reported.0 p/ C9 ]1 Q; d( }  j! d6 Y

7 u  W! v9 Z. T5 B/ Z\"Fearing that she was going to scream, he attacked her, wrapped the towel around her head, put his arm around her neck, choked her and dragged her outside to his trunk and put her in,\" he said.
3 i/ w# l* j* D+ x. f. z% x8 I8 l9 i" i7 s8 n& P  t& G( u& s) U
By the time he got her into the trunk of his car, her body was limp.0 Y0 t% ~4 d5 D/ P
9 Z. q3 Z  G' p, I( U  b# ^3 a
Chen drove a short distance away, and when he went to check in on the schoolgirl, she wasn\'t breathing.2 E5 z) U  j& G0 J- G* ]
7 ]8 i" ^/ M" l0 h- Q0 e* b
\"So this was a botched kidnapping attempt, a very incompetent one as well, because he didn\'t have any plans to take her anywhere. He was hoping that he could just leave her in the trunk, phone the family, get the money, and then let her go,\" Murphy said.
( F6 g% ?* N3 Z  A( k. O' h* P( c5 z+ {2 s; P
Chen\'s defence lawyer told reporters the kidnap plan was a spontaneous one that went awry.
# d& J" w, O* w) k& _. v: Y' l3 S& a2 l9 N2 p
\"It wasn\'t as if there were days or weeks of planning. He went to the house probably, in my opinion, not knowing exactly what he was going to do,\" Rosen said.! b# M+ g6 l9 z( p& {- B
" y% o2 Z4 b8 G2 E- L; B- B; }
\"He came without any weapon, without any mask, without any means of overcoming any resistance, without any noxious substance, tape, rope, gags -- nothing like that -- and most importantly, came without gloves and left his fingertips on the window.\"
! r- A8 c  T3 q* j; G
2 h1 H) _& T+ p* N! MThe brazen early-morning abduction prompted a door-to-door search in the area surrounding the family home in northeast Toronto and extended to an international probe where local investigators were collaborating with police in Asia.7 A& |9 \8 j; D: z9 t5 H! F

4 m" G/ w5 ~/ ]! F. `8 w! QBut the search ended in tragedy when her skeletal remains were found five months later in a wooden ravine in Mississauga, west of Toronto.
' Q7 V& g0 I- ?2 p' F
$ ~" C' k5 c. ]$ ZChen was arrested and charged on July 21, 2004. & f- Z, V# v& |9 w
" s. v' S% W$ n. V5 \
The Shanghai-born man entered Canada on a student visa on New Year\'s Day 2001, a month before his 18th birthday.% d, K6 `* g5 J2 m
/ ~, w) Z9 `  Y6 e$ r
Neither Cecilia\'s parents nor Chen\'s were in the courtroom to hear the guilty plea.
/ M# J7 E( x; h. U) \. m: a2 r0 _2 t
However, the girl\'s parent\'s made emotionally charged victim impact statements via video.) H: j$ z4 h5 ~1 U, y  L- T$ ~8 L

0 i8 N5 t& l# s! A6 j3 F\"When the tragic news came, we were totally devastated,\" her father, Raymond Zhang, said of his daughter\'s death while holding back tears. \"I can\'t recall how I actually survived that day.\"& @1 e2 _9 Q+ r. F& s" _

, |( O& V0 e$ iThe video of her mother, Sherry Xu, clearly showed where the tape had been stopped and started again as she broke down weeping.
( a5 H2 B: z" i; g6 O- ]/ v+ j$ l- J% t6 s( \3 L
\"She was abandoned in the wilderness by her murderer and was covered by snow for 161 days,\" Xu said. \"How cruel is the human heart?\"+ [0 E. P4 ^0 r8 d: s
. e+ n+ {& ^) u1 P' h
\"Cecilia will never come back. She is gone forever.\"7 J6 q' R9 w6 [2 c. V+ f: s. E& H5 H

" [2 H! c% p$ G6 G, H# F5 QOutside the courthouse, Peel Region police Sgt. Todd Moore read a statement on behalf of Cecilia\'s parents.
  O: Q5 T8 M" [" S( b% ?, \& [
/ O. W& k3 x) W% Z  m# E\"We have experienced a sense of loss that cannot be explained in understandable terms... each day has been extremely difficult,\" said the statement.
$ ^- E- _, x1 x7 C4 `- W* O: \9 y4 X$ u# O* a' O
\"Two-and-a-half years have passed and each single day has been extremely difficult. The fact that there is now a guilty plea by the person accused in this case brings some sense of closure to us, but no act will ever bring our dear Cecilia back.\"[/SIZE]
当我们拿花送给别人时,首先闻到花香的是我们自己;当我们抓起泥巴想抛向别人时,首先弄脏的也是我们自己的手。一句温暖的话,就像往别人身上洒香水,自己也会沾到两三滴。因此,要时时心存好意,脚走好路,身行好事。 本人意见仅供参考[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]:)
加拿大伦敦中文黄页

主题

帖子

精华

新手上路

秀才 四级

积分
威望
15 点
资产
433 金币
注册时间